This list of people that have attended Montessori schools clearly illustrates that Montessori isn’t a frivolous method of education, in fact most graduates have been more than moderately successful.
Some well known people who attended a Montessori school as children are:
- Larry Page, Co-Founder of Google
- Sergey Brin, Co-Founder of Google.
- Peter Drucker, Management Guru
- Prince William and Prince Harry, British royal family.
- George Clooney, Academy Award-winning actor
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.
- Anne Frank, famous diarist from World War II
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Austrian painter and Architect
- Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia
- Will Wright, designer of The Sims
- Katherine Graham, former owner-editor of the Washington Post.
- Sean Combs, Sean ‘P.Diddy’ (formerly known as Puffy) Combs, RAP mega-star
- Julia Child, famous chef, star of many TV cooking shows and author of numerous cookbooks Chef
- Helen Hunt, Academy Award-winning actress
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize winner for Literature
- Joshua Bell, American violinist, owner of Stradivarius violin
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, former first lady (John F. Kennedy)
- Berry Brazelton, noted paediatrician and author.
- Kami Cotler, actress (youngest child on long-running series The Waltons)
Famous people who chose Montessori schools for their own children:
- Stephen J. Cannell, TV writer-producer-director
- Patty Duke Austin, actress
- Bill and Hillary Clinton, Former President and New York Senator
- Cher Bono, singer, actress
- John Bradshaw, psychologist and author
- Yul Brynner, former actor
- Marcy Carcy, TV producer
- Michael Douglas, actor
- Yo Yo Ma, cellist
- Willie Nelson, musician, has a Montessori school on his ranch
- Elizabeth Berridge, actress
- David Blaine, street magician
Jennifer Granholm and Daniel Mulhern, Governor of Michigan
- Thomas Edison, noted scientist and inventor, helped found a Montessori school
- President Wilson’s daughter trained as a Montessori teacher. There was a Montessori classroom in the basement of the White House during Wilson’s presidency
- Erik Erikson, anthropologist/author, had a Montessori teaching certificate
- Jean Piaget, noted Swiss psychologist, made his first observations of children in a Montessori school. He was also head of the Swiss Montessori Society for many years
- Alexander Graham Bell (inventor) and his wife Mabel founded the Montessori Education Association in 1913. They also provided financial support directly to Dr. Maria Montessori and helped establish the first Montessori class in Canada and one of the first in the United States
- Alice Waters, restaurateur and writer, is a former Montessori teacher